Mid-State Health Center’s Children’s Learning Center seeks a 30 hour per week Associate Teacher.
Mission Statement: Mid-State Children’s Learning Center is committed to providing early childhood education that fosters natural curiosity, nurtures independence, self-confidence, and inspires a lifelong love of learning. We provide a rich environment that guides the development of the whole child while also supporting the families of our community.
- Assist co-teacher in planning and implementing weekly, monthly, and yearly classroom curriculum and activities.
- Strong ability to work effectively and support members of the team.
- Supervise children in care, ensuring safety and respect.
- Clean the classroom daily, following the Center and NH state guidelines.
- Tone keep in the classroom daily, through modeling appropriate behavior and redirection, when necessary.
- Maintain at least 18 hours of professional development, seeking out opportunities when necessary.
- Follow all applicable regulations and procedures regarding the health and safety of children.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences, when necessary.
Attend all open house, curriculum night, and other special events.
EXPERIENCE: (As required by the NH State Child Care Licensing Bureau)
Shall be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma; and meet one of the following options.
1. Completion of at least 9 credits in Early Childhood Education, including at least one 3 credit course in child growth and development from a regionally accredited college.
2. Minimum of 1500 hours supervised child care experience in a licensed child care program or public or private elementary school, with a written recommendation from the center director or school administrator, documentation of at least 3 credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or another field of study focused on children awarded by a regionally accredited college or university, and the following:
a. A written plan for completion of at least 6 additional credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or another field of study focused on children from a regionally accredited college or university; and
b. Within 12 months of the date the individual begins working as an associate teacher, documentation of qualification as specified in (1) above available for review by the department;
3. A minimum of 1000 hours of supervised childcare experience in a licensed child care program and documentation of successful completion of a 2-year vocational child care course;
4. Current certification as para II educator by the department of education; or
5. Written documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified and employed as an associate teacher on or before the date of the adoption of the licensing rules on 11/6/2017.
Job Type: Full-time, benefited position
Salary: $12.28 to $15.54 /hour
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Alison Murphy, Children’s Learning Center Director
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 1
Plymouth, NH 03264
Mid-State Health Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, disability, or sex.